Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Using Filters with Kodachrome film

  1. #1
    Inactive Member yu230857's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2000
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I'm wondering if anyone has any experience using filters with Kodachrome Super 8 film? I want to shoot a wintertime snowy scene and was thinking a blue filter might be nice. Has anyone tried this or anything similar? I'm worried it might not expose as well as I'm filming this in a forest where there isn't as much sun. Any tips or experienced ones out there ont his topic?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member phillipx1's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 4th, 2000
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Are you going to transfer the film to video or project it? If you transfer it through a Rank, I wouldn't bother with a filter and let the colorist add the look you want.
    If you DO want to use a filter, I would probably overexpose by about 1/2 to 1 full stop.

    Good luck!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have never used a blue filter in that type of situation. However, I would try some tests before you go out to shoot. You can also try not using a filter at all--since K40 is Tungsten balanced it would have a blue cast outside. Good Luck

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •